S&W M&P 9 Details
M&P 9s are an excellent addition to available 3D printed gun models due to the availability and affordability of the parts kits.
They are fairly cheap ranging from $250 to $350 and can be found online fairly easily.
This frame is compatible with the M&P 9, 9L, and 9C.
Note: This is for the S&W M&P 9 series and is NOT compatible with the M&P 9 Shield
S&W M&P 9 in the Wild
S&W M&P 9 History
As the release fell around the same time as Glock’s new Gen release, the popularity of the M&P 9 didn’t take off.
The main features of the M&P 9 were the interchangeable backstraps that allowed shooters to choose the fit and feel of the frame.
In 2015 the latest generation of the M&P 9 was released aptly named the 2.0.
Now in May of 2022, the 3D printed M&P 9 frame was released in a number of variants with a large number of compatibility options.
S&W M&P 9 Tech Specs
- SWMP-9 – Standard length grip, with standard length slide. (Matches factory 1.0 M&P 9 offering, and Girsan M28 SA.)
- SWMP-9 M2.0 – Standard length grip, with standard length slide. (Matches factory 2.0 M&P 9 offering.)
- SWMP-9C – Compact length grip, with compact length slide. (Matches factory 1.0 M&P 9C offering.)
- SWMP-9X – Standard length grip, with compact length slide. (Think Glock 19X.)
- SWMP-9S – Compact length grip, with standard length slide. (Think a Glock 17/L slide on a Glock 26 frame.)
- SWMP-9S M2.0 – Compact length grip, with standard length slide. (Matches factory 2.0 M&P 9 offering.)
- M28SA – Standard length grip. Compatible only with the Girsan M28 SA parts kit
3D Printing Instructions
- Print with 100% infill, and four walls.
- Tree supports are recommended.
- Print upside down for the best appearance only if your support settings are dialed in.
PDF assembly guide included in this release.
If you are looking to get started in the 3D gun printing game the M&P 9 is an affordable and solid option.
Vinh has printed a large number of reliable firearms and is usually available for tips and advice via Twitter.
Drop your 3D printed S&W’s in the comments below!
Is something missing or incorrect?