Choosing the right cleaning kit for your AR15 rifle can be a challenge.
There are many options, factors, and prices to consider, which is why we’ve decided to analyze and choose them for you.
By the end of this article, you will know which one of the best AR15 cleaning kits to choose from, complete with a detailed description of each of them and the parts they contain.
Best AR15 Cleaning Kits on the Market
Since there are many cleaning kits to choose from, both online and at retail stores, here’s a list of some of them that we found to be the best:
- Guide Gear’s Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
- CLENZOIL’s Tactical Gun Cleaning Kit
- CableSnake Rifle Cleaning Kit by Cedar Mill Fine Firearms
- Otis Technology’s Defender Series Gun Cleaning Kit
- Aimee_JL’s New Gun Cleaning Kits
Now, let’s look at each of them individually and what accessories they pack.
AR15 Cleaning Kit Reviews
Guide Gear’s Universal Gun Cleaning Kit
The Guide Gear’s rifle cleaning kit is an all-in-one package. It has everything you need to clean all the parts of your AR15 rifle.
All the tools and accessories are tightly packed inside a durable plastic case, which you can carry to the range or when traveling. The pieces have their place inside the case and are very conveniently organized. It’s a universal kit, so besides rifles, you can also use it to clean guns and shotguns.
With various cleaning tools, your rifle will always be well-maintained and clean. Here’s all you get in the kit:
- 14 bronze brushes of different sizes;
- 3 brass rods for .17 to .270 rifles and pistols;
- 3 brass rods for .30 caliber rifles, shotguns, and pistols;
- 3 utility brushes;
- 100 cleaning patches;
- 3 accessory adapters and 3 muzzle guards;
- 4 slotted patch loops, 9 mops, and 13 plastic spear-pointed jags.
CLENZOIL’s Tactical Gun Cleaning Kit
A compact but versatile AR15 cleaning kit, CLENZOIL’s tactical gun cleaning kit is small but packed with many accessories.
Everything is tightly packed inside a small, water-resistant nylon case, which opens and closes with a zipper. It is a perfect combination of compact design and everyday carry in all weather conditions.
Everything in the kit is quality made, from the case to the parts, because CLENZOIL is an entirely American brand dedicated to producing firearm cleaning kits since 1948.
This kit is primarily meant for cleaning tactical firearms with various calibers like .22, .30, .38, and .223. Here’s what it contains:
- 0.5 oz CLP dropper;
- 4 brass bore brushes for different caliber firearms;
- A 12-inch and 39-inch cables, together with a rod handle;
- An iron rod set;
- Patch pullers in 3 different sizes;
- A lens brush and a scrubbing brush;
- Obstruction removal tool and cotton cloth patches.
CableSnake Rifle Cleaning Kit by Cedar Mill Fine Firearms
The CableSnake is another versatile cleaning kit we picked for this list. It is a universal kit, meaning that you can use it to conveniently clean any firearm you own, including the AR15 rifle.
The main tool in this kit is the 34-inch flexible snake rod that can clean firearm calibers ranging from .17 to .308. It is meant to be used with a pull-through technique, which results in better cleaning of the firearm and reduced debris being left in the chamber.
All the kit’s accessories are made from high-quality materials like wool, brass, and bronze, and are packed inside a water-resistant zipper pouch. Here’s what’s inside the pouch:
- 2 brass slotted tips;
- 2 wool brushes and 4 bronze brushes;
- 1 empty bottle of 0.5 oz;
- 25 pieces of cleaning patches;
- 1 knurled brass adapter for easy end changing;
- A custom super x-tool;
- A 34-inch plastic-coated flexible steel rod with a swivel handle for 360 degrees of cleaning.
Otis Technology’s Defender Series Gun Cleaning Kit
Otis Tech is a family-owned and operated brand manufacturing firearm cleaning products since 1985. This company’s motto is that its cleaning kits last a lifetime, and you will spend more time shooting than cleaning.
Because of the proven quality, we’ve decided to include their Defender Series cleaning kit, primarily oriented toward field cleaning and versatility.
There are multiple varieties of this kit to choose from, and they all come in water-resistant pouches. A specialized kit for the AR15 rifle is available as well. Here are all the components included in the pouch:
- Special size bore brush made from specific materials for the AR15 rifle;
- A flexible steel cable with a slotted tip and obstruction remover;
- A set of solid rods for thorough cleaning;
- A specific ripcord for fast and easy Breech-to-Muzzle cleaning;
- 0.5 oz lubricant bottle (FP-10);
- An all-purpose cleaning brush and cotton cleaning patches;
- A compact and durable water-resistant pouch.
Aimee_JL’s New Gun Cleaning Kits
The Aimee_JL’s gun cleaning kit is the last of the best AR15 cleaning kits we decided to include on this list. It is a cheaper option than the rest, but considering the price, it still has all the accessories you can need to clean your rifle.
The entire kit is packed inside a green carrying case. It’s perfect for field and home cleaning because it’s lightweight and compact. The entire weight of the kit is only 260 grams, and it is only 9.8 by 3.9 inches.
Besides the AR15, you can also use this kit to clean .20, .22LR, or .257 caliber rifles and shotguns. It gives you the ability to easily clean hard-to-reach parts of the weapon. These are its parts and accessories:
- 1 empty bottle to put your lubricant of choice;
- 1 chamber brush and 1 brass brush;
- 4 extendable rifle rods;
- 1 cleaning brush with double ends and nylon bristles;
- 2 patch holders.
We hope you will choose one of the best AR15 cleaning kits we picked for you in this article.
If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post them below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.