Beretta PPX4 Details
The PPX4, also known as the 3D printable Beretta PX4 Storm, is a unique design that utilizes 3D printed rails and no extra parts beyond a parts kit.
This innovative 3D gun design has been tested and proven to be both reliable and durable while in beta testing.
The design was created to use minimal aftermarket hardware and to allow maximum compatibility with as many PX4 Storm parts kits and variants as possible.
More 3D Printed Beretta? Check out the Sphynx Beretta 92fs
If you are a Beretta fan the 3D printed PX4 Storm is what you have been waiting for.
Beretta PPX4 Storm in the Wild
Beretta PPX4 Tech Specs
The Beretta PX4 Storm is interesting, as it features a rotating barrel locking system which uses the rotational force of the bullet passing through the rifling to unlock the barrel.
The technical skills to convert this into a 3D printable working design was definitely not easy but done very well by jmanjones.
The Beretta PPX4 design package found on Odysee includes several different variants, including:
- PX4_940_FS_FSMag – 9mm/.40S&W full size, takes full size PX4 magazines
- 9mm/.40S&W full size, takes full size Beretta 92 magazines
- 9mm/.40S&W compact, takes compact PX4 magazines
- 9mm/.40S&W compact, takes full size PX4 magazines
- .45 ACP standard or Special Duty, takes 9 or 10rd PX4 magazines
Required Parts for the PPX4
- 3D Printer
- Beretta PX4 Storm Parts Kit (Below Configurations)
- Full Size 9mm
- Full Size .40 S&W
- Full Size .45 ACP
- Special Duty .45 ACP
- Compact 9mm
- Compact .40 S&W
- Drill Bits
- #2 bit (0.221”/5.6134mm)
- #20 bit (0.161”/4.0894mm)
- #26 bit (0.147”/3.7338mm)
- #31 bit (0.120”/3.048mm)
- Needle nose pliers (general support removal)
- O-ring picks (general support removal)
- Flat/round small chisels (general support removal/cleanup)
- Tweezers (manipulating small parts)
- Soft face hammer (tap in frame pin, tap out trigger pin)
- 3/32” or similar pin punch (tap out trigger pin)
- Flathead screwdriver (remove frame pin)
- Small allen key or small piece of metal (to depress disassembly latch spring)
Suggested 3D Printed Beretta PX4 Settings
|Layer Height||0.20 mm|
|Wall Count||6 min.|
|Temperature||215 F – 220 F|
|Supports||On / Everywhere|
- PLA+ (eSun, Polymaker Pro or stronger)
In conclusion, the 3D printed Beretta PX4 Storm, or PPX4 frame, is an innovative and exciting development in the world of 3D printed firearms. By utilizing 3D printed rails and a parts kit, this design offers a unique and affordable way for gun enthusiasts to create their own custom Beretta PX4 Storm.
Feeling Italian? Start printing the PPX4 (Beretta PX4 Storm) right now!