Schlank Flügelmann (SF5) Details
The Schlank Flügelmann 5 (SF5) is a 3D printable MP5 design created by Ivan the Troll.
The SF5 file package allows DIY 3D gun builders to construct a customized MP5 clone at home for much less than a factory MP5.
The SF5 is named after the German word “Schlank Flügelmann” in reference to the sleek and slimmed profile of the 3D printed MP5 build.
The SF5 files offer compatibility with standard MP5 components, so builders can create 9mm, 10mm, or .40 S&W variations.
With eight different build options available, the SF5 can be tailored to match the exact MP5 parts a builder has on hand.
Schlank Flügelmann (SF5) in the Wild
The SF5 is released. Have fun! pic.twitter.com/OkrSrpg4uA— Navi of Boomhandia (@NaviGoBoom) October 31, 2023
3D Printed MP5 (SF5) Tech Specs
The SF5 uses the core MP5 bolt carrier group, barrel, trunnion, and magazines while 3D printing the surrounding components for cost savings.
Here are some key technical specifications for the 3D printed Schlank Flügelmann MP5:
- Printable components: lower receiver, upper receiver, endcap, handguard, barrel mounts, charging handle
- Designed for 9mm, .40 S&W, and 10mm calibers
- Customizable options like paddle magazine release and lightening cuts
- Slim profile with reduced “wings” compared to predecessor KF5 build
- Detachable interface for field stripping and maintenance
- Compatible with AR-15 fire control group and G3 pistol grip
- Retains original MP5 aesthetic and ergonomics
Required Parts for the Schlank Flügelmann MP5
- 3D Printer
- 1x Lower Receiver
- 1x Upper Receiver – The SF5 Upper
- 1x Endcap – SF5 Endcap
- 1x Handguard – SF5 Handguard
- 1x Charging Rod – SF5 Charging Rod
- 1x Charging Handle – Any
- 1x Ejector (optional)
- 1x Barrel Mount Left – Spec depends on your parts; refer to the build guide
- 1x Barrel Mount Right – Spec depends on your parts; refer to the build guide
- AR15 Fire Control Group
- 2x M4x15mm Bolts
- 1x M4x25mm Bolt
- 1x M4x45mm Bolt
- 4x M4 nuts
- 2x M5x35mm Bolts
- 2x M5 nuts
- 1x M3x45mm Bolt
- 1x M3x30mm Bolt
- Must be fully threaded.
- 1x 4mm Ball Bearing
- 1x 0.140” OD x 0.375” spring
- 1x 6mm x 8mm dowel Rod OR 1x 1/4” x 5/16” dowel Rod
- (Optional) 2-6x M5x15mm Bolts
- (Optional) 4-12 M5 Nuts
- 1x 1/4”-20 Locking Hex Nut
- 2x 1/4”-20 Hex Nuts
- 1x 1/4”-20 Socket Nut (optional)
- More is required depending on the build you choose; see build guide
- Drill and Drill Bits
- Allen wrenches
- Tap handle
- And More (See Build Guide)
Schlank Flügelmann (SF5) Build Instructions
The Schlank Flügelmann 5 lets you DIY the iconic MP5 on a budget. With Ivan’s slick 3D printable file package and your gunsmithing grit, you can whip up a sexy little SMG to call your own for half the cost.
Is something missing or incorrect?